Random ramblings from a horror loving, dance music obsessed,DJ - who also happens to be a nurse and love animals...
Monday, December 26, 2011
Electronic Music
Anyone who knows me knows that I love electronic music. (And if you didn’t, then you surely didn’t know me nearly as well as you thought you may have.) I’ve been listening to it for a very long time, long before Timbaland, Kanye, and Madonna thought that it was cool to infuse electronic beats into hip hop and release it upon the public. There’s far more to “techno” (though I cringe at that term) than what people associate it with (repetitive drum machine beats). There is a mass depth of subgenres, artists, and wide variety of styles any fan of music can find that just happens to have a BPM well higher than most other genres of music. It’s unfortunate that mainstream radio doesn’t pick up on electronic music, because it is a new type of music (new as in the past few decades) that is far under-appreciated and represents one of the most dynamic and versatile forms of music out there. Only classical music can rival electronic music in complexity–only a full orchestra can match the emotion evident in electronic music. For some, the lack of vocals is a problem, and sure, electronic music with extremely in-depth lyrical tracks can be hard to come by–but with dance music, it’s much less about vocal expression than about bodily and emotional expression. The sound of techno originated in the 80′s in my hometown of Detroit, Michigan. I was blessed to be exposed at an early age. I highly suggest that you check it out some time. Shoot me an email if you want some suggestions. (Ill be posting some top 10 lists soon).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment